Welcome to Slackwood!
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). As Presbyterians, our faith has been shaped by the Reformed heritage.
- the triune God is actively involved in our lives and the world in which we live;
- Scripture reveals the wonder of God's grace extended to us in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ;
- our response to such grace leads us into a life of faith and discipleship, supported and enabled by the Holy Spirit;
- each Christian (regardless of race, gender, age, or human status) is an active and full partner in ministry with God (the priesthood of all believers - I Peter 2:9);
- God has given us two sacraments:
BAPTISM is the mark of God's acceptance, for infants as well as adults, into the family of Faith
THE LORD's SUPPER is a means of grace by which we are received into the affirming presence of God.
We welcome you to worship with us and invite you to make Slackwood your church home.